Tuesday, February 19, 2013

you are never too old.....

.........to not need your daddy

Today I got some really upsetting news
some news that I never really thought about getting till I was old enough to realize
that my parents weren't going to be around ALL OF MY LIFE

And just recently I started realizing that they are getting older
and they cant do everything like they use to
trust me they can both still keep up with me going out drinking
and having a good time
my mom and dad can out dance and drink people who are in their 20's
they are full of life
and love having fun

they are my best friends
We go everywhere together
vacation, store, dinner, out, dancing

So...today was not a good day

as i was sitting in the park i watched a young man
and his little girl playing in the park
it reminded me of my daddy and i
and i started thinking back on all the fun
all the motorcycle riding, the camping trips
the vacations, holidays just sitting around being goofy


i found out today my daddy has Cancer
i know in today's time there are ways to treat
and people beat it everyday
but when your mom calls you
crying uncontrollably
and tells me dad has the C word!!!

and my heart is breaking now
my daddy
i love my daddy
(written 10-31-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment